Thursday, March 11, 2010

11 May 2010

Today we went in did some P.T. and then got sent home for the rest of the day. Can't complain about that. So, I decided to make a road trip to Nashville to the mall. It was operation Build a Bear. Target: make two bears: one for Jesse David and one for Lindsey. I scoped out the store to make sure it was secure before entering. When I finally got in there it was like a magical land. Bears, dogs, ducks, rabbits and many more. I wasn't sure if they were enemy or friendly. But it did not take very long to figure out that they were all friendly.
Anyways I made a camouflage bear for JD and a Pink kind of tie-dye bear for Lindsey. I even got to record a little message in each one and put in them for the kids. I think it will be a great surprise for them.
Today Jesse had physical and occupational therapy. In occupational they spent a lot of time on his right arm trying to get it as strong as his left. If we can get them working better it will make life that much easier for him. At least he would be able to do some more things for his self. I keep praying that his fingers will start to work soon. In Physical therapy he sat up for 15 minutes with moderate assistance. Which is better then what he was doing before. Jesse used to need almost 100%assistance to do it. Next they put him on his side and made him role over to his back by himself. He said that was a weird feeling. Cause its like doing everything for the first time all over again. But each day there is a little light of hope in there.
I ended my day by stopping by Paige's house hanging out with her. We talked, watched a movie and even played scrabble. I had them rolling because I was trying to make up words and say that they were real. It was so much fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe....GORAX is not a real word. Just so you know!

    Oh...and ps...when you left, Aidan finished the scores: John 126, Aidan 118, Paige 114, Trina 95.
    Aidan kicked our butts!

    ReplyDelete